OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS until 6/19/17!
- ALL Submissions should be emailed to "TPAqueries@gmail.com" AND...
- In "Subject Line" of Email, please include: AGENT 1st NAME, AUDIENCE, GENRE, TITLE, AUTHOR, WORD LENGTH (Example: TINA, MG Fictn, Bullying/Friendship, THE YEAR I HAD NO FRIENDS, by Jane Doe, 35,000 words)
- For Fiction, please submit: Query Letter with first THREE chapters pasted INTO THE BODY of the email... no attachments accepted upon first submission! Also, include Word Count of the full manuscript.
- For Non-Fiction, please submit: Query, Table of Contents, Intro, Sample Chapter, Competing Titles, Author's credentials -- why YOU are the right person for this project! Intended word length.
- Audiences We're Looking for: Middle Grade, Young Adult and Women's Fiction (+ some New Adult for Catherine Hedrick)
- Genres for Agent TINA P. SCHWARTZ: [YA & Women's Fiction] Non-Fiction, Realistic Fiction, Coming-of-Age, Sports, Romance, Friendship, Family, LGBTQ
- Genres for Agent KIM McCOLLUM: [Middle Grade & YA] Realistic Fiction, Coming-of-Age, Sports, Religious, Regional, Special Needs, Boy Stories, Multi-Cultural, and Friendship.
- Genres for Agent CATHERINE HEDRICK: [Young Adult and New Adult]
Realistic, Issue-Driven, Coming-of-Age, First Love, Sports (especially gymnastics or swimming/diving), and Friendships. No fantasy or dystopian, please.
- Please Double-Space submissions (if formatting gets messed up with pasting in e-mail don't sweat it, but give it a try.)
- Please use a 12 pt font, Times or Times New Roman, or something EASY to read!
- Black type is best, no colors please.
- Have fun with submission... Don't be afraid to show your personality! :)
Do NOT send any Sci-Fi or Fantasy! We do NOT represent those genres!!!
NOTE: Any "mass" generic submissions received to "Agent" with a HUGE list of agents attached will NOT be read OR responded to, they will be deleted unread. The same goes for unsolicited ATTACHMENTS, they will be deleted. You are to paste sample pages into body of email... UNTIL more pages requested and attachment approved. By following these simple directions, you ensure your submissions to be read more quickly. GOAL: New subs to be responded to within 6-8 weeks. (The "2015 backlog" will be continued to be read and worked on daily as well.)
Thank you! ~ Tina P. Schwartz, Founder & Literary Agent, The Purcell Agency, LLC